The City of Cranbrook has a clear economic development strategy focused on attracting investment to the region and providing support to investors and entrepreneurs alike to ensure success.
The City is committed to
• Strengthening its role as a regional service centre;
• Growing new opportunities in the resource sector, including more value-added processing in the forestry and agricultural sectors;
• Stimulating further opportunities in the growing specialty manufacturing sector;
• Leveraging enhanced assets, such as the newly expanded international airport, and the expanded college and medical facilities;
• Stimulating more opportunities in the knowledge-based, technology and creative sectors through such actions as improved access to broadband (fibre optic) services;
• Leveraging new private residential development investments, with a projected growth of up to 5000 units (10,000 new residents over the next 10 to 15 years); and
• Continuing to support entrepreneurial/niche business opportunities.
In the coming weeks, this page will provide information on economic development projects currently underway as well as additional resources of use to entrepreneurs and those considering business investment opportunities in Cranbrook.
CITY OF CRANBROOK
40-10th Avenue South
Cranbrook, BC V1C 2M8
Phone: (250) 426-4211
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
2279 Cranbrook Street North
Cranbrook, BC V1C 3T3
Phone: (250) 426-5914
Cranbrook 2010 Winter Olympic Games YVR Promotional Video