Electors from the City of Cranbrook may vote for Councillor BY MAIL if they:
- have a physical disability, illness or injury that affects their ability to vote at another voting opportunity, OR
- expect to be absent from the City of Cranbrook on general voting day and at the times of all advance voting opportunities.
REQUESTING A MAIL BALLOT PACKAGE: Download Mail Ballot Request Form
Before 4:00 pm on October 20, 2017 you must submit the following information to the Chief Election Officer (or designate)’s office in person( City of Cranbrook City Hall 40 – 10th Ave. South ), by mail ( City of Cranbrook City Hall 40 – 10th Ave. South), telephone (1-844-538-8384), or email (Sarann.Press@cranbrook.ca).
1. Full name,
2. Residential address,
3. Address of the property in relation to which you are voting (for non-resident property electors),
4. Method of delivery of your mail ballot package:
- pick up at City of Cranbrook, OR
- regular lettermail through Canada Post to residential address, OR
- regular lettermail through Canada Post to an alternate address that you provide when requesting the ballot package.
5. To ensure you receive the correct registration application form in your package, you must indicate whether you are going to be registering as a resident or non-resident property elector.
Mail ballot packages will be sent out commencing on or about September 27, 2017. To be counted, your mail ballot must be received by the Chief Election Officer (or designate) in Cranbrook no later than 8pm on October 21, 2017.
Mail ballot packages can be delivered:
1.By mail or by hand to Sarann Press (or designate), Chief Election Officer, Cranbrook City Hall 40 10th Ave. South, Cranbrook BC V1C 2M8, by 4:30 pm Friday October 20, 2017, OR
2. By hand to Sarann Press (or designate), Chief Election Officer, at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort, 209 Van Horne Street, Cranbrook, BC.
For more information, please contact:
Chief Election Officer
Toll Free: 1-844-538-8384
Municipal Clerk / Corporate Officer