Where are the City of Cranbrook job opportunities posted?
All open employment opportunities are posted on the City of Cranbrook website, at the employment webpage. This webpage can be directly accessed here.
How often are job opportunities posted on the City of Cranbrook website?
Job opportunities are posted on the website on a regular basis, as vacancies arise. It is recommended to check back weekly for new opportunities.
What is the difference between an “Open” and a “Closed” competition?
There are two types of postings:
• Open Employment Opportunities – These postings are open to all candidates.
• CUPE 2090 Closed Employment Competitions – These postings are for applicants that are currently employed with the City in a position that falls with the CUPE bargaining unit. If we are unable to find an appropriate internal applicant from this internal competition, the position will usually be posted as an Open Employment Opportunity.
How do I apply for a competition?
Applications for all competitions require a cover letter and resume, and the competition number should be indicated in the subject line of cover letter. Applications can be submitted for employment competitions using three different ways:
1) eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the resume and cover letter attached in Microsoft Word or Adobe .pdf formats. The competition number should be noted in the subject of the e-mail.
2) By mail to Human Resources, City of Cranbrook, 40 – 10th Avenue South, Cranbrook, BC, V1C 5M8.
3) In person to Reception at City Hall at 40 – 10th Avenue South, Cranbrook, BC. Applications submitted in person should be dropped off during regular office hours of 8:30am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (except for statutory holidays).
Can I apply for more than one position at a time?
Yes. It is encouraged to submit a separate application, including cover letter and resume, to all competitions that meet your interest and qualifications.
The closing date for an open employment opportunity posting has passed, can I still apply?
You can still submit an application, however your application will be marked as a late submission. Preference will be given to candidates that submitted their cover letter and resume prior to the closing date.
How will I know if I am selected for an interview?
When you are being considered for an interview, you will typically receive either a telephone call or e-mail from a City of Cranbrook representative. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will contact only those candidates who have been selected for an interview.
Will you contact me even if I don’t get an interview?
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants in employment with the City of Cranbrook, we will only contact applicants that are selected for an interview.
Please visit our employment webpage to see if there are any current opportunities that match your skills and interests.