The City of Cranbrook has a clear economic development strategy focused on attracting investment to the region and providing support to investors and entrepreneurs alike to ensure success.
The City is committed to
• Strengthening its role as a regional service centre;
• Growing new opportunities in the resource sector, including more value-added processing in the forestry and agricultural sectors;
• Stimulating further opportunities in the growing specialty manufacturing sector;
• Leveraging enhanced assets, such as the newly expanded international airport, and the expanded college and medical facilities;
• Stimulating more opportunities in the knowledge-based, technology and creative sectors through such actions as improved access to broadband (fibre optic) services;
• Leveraging new private residential development investments, with a projected growth of up to 5000 units (10,000 new residents over the next 10 to 15 years); and
• Continuing to support entrepreneurial/niche business opportunities.
If you need more information, please contact us by email.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
2279 Cranbrook Street North
Cranbrook, BC V1C 3T3
Phone: (250) 426-5914