This section provides information around current notices of disposition by the City, Official Community Plan (OCP) Amendments, Zoning Amendments, Bylaw Amendments and other required advertising as legislated by the Community Charter. Information in this section changes regularly, so please check back often for the latest.
Public Hearing Notice
Public Notice is hereby given that the Municipal Council of the Corporation of the City of Cranbrook is considering adopting "City of Cranbrook Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 4026, 2020".
The proposed Zoning Bylaw amendment will add "Supportive Housing" and "Supportive Services" & "Public and Social Services" as a permitted and accessory use, respectively, to the Special Institutional Zone: P-4 zone and change the zoning designation of the subject property from “Community Recreation Zone: P-2” to “Special Institutional Zone: P-4”.
The purpose of the zoning amendment is to enable development of an overnight emergency shelter in a portion of the existing building.
The subject property is legally described Lot 1, District Lot 4, Kootenay District Plan 13155 located at 209 16th Avenue North as shown on the reference map below.
"City of Cranbrook Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 4026, 2020" may be inspected between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, from January 18, 2020 to February 1, 2021, as posted on the bulletin board in the foyer at City Hall, or contact Planning Staff at (250) 426-4211.
An Electronic Public Hearing for proposed Zoning Amendment Bylaw No.4026, 2020 will be held at 6:00 p.m. on February 1, 2021 and will be available for viewing by live-stream at www.cranbrook.ca/livestream on the day of the Public Hearing). You can provide your comments on the proposed Zoning Amendment Bylaw No 4026, 2020 in one of the following ways:
1. In writing: Submit your comments in writing to City Hall (drop-off in mail slot or email to [email protected]) by 4:00 pm on February 1, 2021;
2. Speak at the Public Hearing: If you wish to speak to the proposed bylaw amendment at the Public Hearing, the City is requesting that you pre-register. Please send your name, address and phone number to [email protected] prior to February 1, 2021.
- On the day of the Public Hearing please call in by 5:50 p.m. to confirm your registration
- Call 1-833-313-1490, meeting number is 146 580 503 6
- If asked for an attendee number, enter the “#” symbol
You will be able to hear the meeting, but you will be placed on hold and muted until it is your time to speak.