EVACUATION ORDER: September 1, 2017 at 18:00 hours
Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act (RS, 1996, Chap 111), an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Regional District of East Kootenay due to immediate danger to life safety due to a wildland fire. Members of the RCMP and Search and Rescue will be expediting this action.
It is important to note that the City of Cranbrook is NOT under any evacuation notice.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the the area North of the townsite of Moyie to the Swansea Bridge (including Poto Rico Road; the Westside of Moyie Lake from Aurora Estates north including Greenbay, Mineral Lake and Monroe Lake shown on the map associated with this order.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• You must leave the area immediately and you must not return until this order is
• Follow the travel route provided and register at the Cranbrook Curling Rink 1777 2nd
St. N. Cranbrook BC
• If you need transportation assistance from the area please advise the individual
providing this notice
• Close all windows and doors.
• Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
• Close gates (latch), but do not lock.
• Gather your family: take a neighbor or someone who needs help.
• Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately
available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
• Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
• Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY!
For more information contact Loree Duczek, Information Officer at 250-426-2188.