– Local residents have a chance to win ultimate hockey experiences with the Rogers Cheer Like Never Before and Trick Shot contests –
TORONTO (February 1, 2017) Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge is heading to Cranbrook, B.C., for a weekend celebration of hockey on February 18 and 19. This ultimate hockey festival will feature appearances by hometown heroes and broadcast hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone.
The two-day hockey celebration gets underway Saturday, February 18 at noon MT on Baker St. (from 8th Avenue to 10th Avenue) and concludes Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The evening’s broadcast kicks off with a special pre-game show hosted live on site by MacLean and Slone from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 4:30 p.m. MT on Sportsnet, followed by a showdown between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Carolina Hurricanes.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Festival Details
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature games, activities, live local entertainment and food trucks for the whole family, including:
• Rogers Fan Hub: Helping fans be fans, the Fan Hub features innovative and technology-driven interactive experiences, showcasing virtual and augmented reality to unite fans in their passion for the game. Plus, fans can stay warm with free hot chocolate on site.
• Rogers NHL Viewing Room: Fans can go inside the NHL Situation Room to advise on a challenged play (just like NHL officials), as well as find out what’s it’s like to be on the ice, get close to players, and more, with Virtual Reality experiences. Fans can also view the game in new ways with the different GamePlus™ camera angles exclusive to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™.
• Scotiabank Community Locker Room: Features meet and greets with NHL Alumni, interactive games and highlights from recent NHL matchups, and a Scotia Hockey Club commemorative jersey giveaway for youth 16 and under.
• The Dodge Family Zone: Features the famous Stow ‘N Go Challenge hockey-themed obstacle course and the chance for a family to win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association and a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica.
• McDonald’s® Ball Hockey Rink: Features pick-up games and hockey skills competitions, as well as free McCafé® premium roast brewed coffee on site.
• Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria right out of the oven, and play Giuseppe Stack-a-Puck to win a rooftop experience.
• Playmobil: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Event and Broadcast Details
Location: Baker St. (from 8th St. to 10th St.)
• Saturday, February 18 – Festival open from noon to 6 p.m. MT
• Sunday, February 19 – Festival opens at noon MT and runs through the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party
o Toronto Maple Leafs and Carolina Hurricanes at 4:30 p.m. MT on Sportsnet
Rogers Cheer Like Never Before Contest
Leading up to the celebrations in Vernon, local hockey teams have an opportunity to win the ultimate hockey experience as part of the Cheer Like Never Before contest. Teams can upload a video of their team cheer, with the Top 5 vote-getters invited to take part in the festivities when the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour visits Cranbrook on February 18 and 19. For full contest details, visit www.hometownhockey.com.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Trick Shot Contest
In the inaugural Rogers Hometown Hockey Trick Shot Contest, trick shot aficionados can sign up on site for a chance to show off their skills and win a VIP trip to the MasterCard Memorial Cup in 2017. Competitors will vie for the title in front of a panel of judges who will crown a winner at each stop. All 24 local winners will then face off in a national contest in Hamilton, ON, where the best trick shot will be revealed in the final Rogers Hometown Hockey broadcast. For full contest details, visit the Rogers Fan Hub at the festival.
Like Rogers Hometown Hockey on Facebook
Follow @HometownHockey_#HometownHockey on Twitter
Follow @HometownHockey on Instagram
Follow “hometownhockey” on Snapchat
About the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour will roll into 24 communities across Canada this season with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages, culminating in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast every Sunday on Sportsnet, with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone hosting live on site from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio. Following Cranbrook, B.C., the tour will visit Nanaimo, B.C., for the 18th of 24 stops. For more information on the tour, please visit www.hometownhockey.com.
Rogers is a leading diversified Canadian communications and media company that’s working to deliver a great experience to our customers every day. We are Canada’s largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada’s leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet, information technology, and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, sports, televised and online shopping, magazines, and digital media. Our shares are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).