Cranbrook’s magnificent location and many fine facilities allow visitors and residents alike to enjoy a wide variety of indoor and outdoor leisure activities. Popular outdoor activities include hiking, boating, hunting, cycling, snowmobiling, fishing and sightseeing, outdoor skating and cross country skiing. And don't forget about our annual Sam Steele Days community festival, the third weekend in June of each year!
Cranbrook also offers many indoor activities. Among other things, the City has two live performance theatres: The Key City Theatre and The Stage Door. It also has a five-plex cinema, featuring current movies.
The City has three indoor arenas, including the Western Financial Place, which offers aquatic activities, an ice rink and a squash court and is home the Western Hockey League's Kootenay Ice and many live performances. There is also a bowling alley and a casino at the St. Eugene Mission Resort.
- There 17 parks within the city limits maintained by the City of Cranbrook.
- There are 4 Provincial Parks, ranging from 5 minutes to 30 minutes distance from the City.
- There are 4 lakes within 30 minutes of the City.
- Skateboarding and biking can be engaged at Viking Skateboard Park
- Cranbrook Golf Club
- St. Eugene Resort
- Mission Hills
- Bootleg Gap Golf Club
- Kimberley Golf Club
- Trickle Creek Golf Club
- Shadow Mountain Golf Course
- Wildstone Golf Course
Within 20 minutes to 3 hours from Cranbrook
- Kimberley Alpine Resort
- Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
- Fernie Alpine Resort
- Panorama Mountain Village
- Big Mountain Whitefish Mountain Resort (Montana)
- Schweitzer Mountain (Idaho)
- Banff Sunshine Village
- Lake Louise
- Mount Norquay
- Red Mountain Resort
- WhiteWater Ski Resort
Cross Country Skiing:
- 30 km set trails at South Star Recreation Area near Cranbrook; 26 km set trails in Kimberley at the Kimberley Nordic Center.
Cranbrook Memorial Arena, Kinsmen Arena and Western Financial Place.
Cranbrook Curling Centre.
Multi-purpose Western Financial Place, includes an Olympic-sized swimming pool, wave pool and water slide.
16 locations, 8 in City parks, and 8 on school fields.
There are also numerous other facilities, such as softball/baseball diamonds, soccer pitches, tennis courts, pickleball courts, track and field facilities, etc.
You can click on the links on the right hand side of this page, check the local phone book or go to the Chamber of Commerce website for more information about local activities.
Go the Community Services Department page to book parks or arenas and find other helpful information.