City Tenders and Requests for Proposals
Contracting opportunities available with the City of Cranbrook are listed here. For more information, click on the project of interest to you from the list below.
PROPERTY FOR SALE - 409 Kootenay Street, Cranbrook
The City of Cranbrook is inviting requests for proposals to purchase the City owned land at 409 Kootenay Street, Cranbrook (Lot 12, DL 4, Kootenay District Plan NEP2586, PID: 010-740-295).
The property is zoned Highway Commercial Zone C-2 and the lot size is approximately .116 acres. The property is not zoned for residential use. This 1930, single storey house with carport has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath. The main floor is 1198 square feet and includes kitchen, living room and office or den space. The full basement has a separate entry and the lot is partially fenced.
Interested purchasers are required to submit their offer in a sealed envelope marked “BID NO. CRA2021-B-001 409 Kootenay Street” no later than 4:30 pm Mountain Standard Time, Monday, February 1, 2021. The offer must clearly identify the name and contact information (phone, email and mailing address) of all principals associated with the disposal. Email or fax submission will not be accepted. Sealed offers must be delivered to:
ATTENTION: Financial Services Manager
Cranbrook City Hall
40-10th Avenue South,
Cranbrook BC, V1C 2M8
The purchase and sale of the property is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Offers must include proposed use of the lands and if rezoning is anticipated, detailed description of proposal, including proposed future zoning and use.
2. Sale of the property is subject to the purchaser entering into a 2-year Option to Purchase with the City to be registered against the title of the property to encourage timely development in accordance with the proposal submitted. If the property is not developed in that timeframe, the City has the option to purchase the land at the same price it was sold for.
3. This property will be sold on an “as is, where is” basis and prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the property.
4. No residential use permitted on the property.
5. The highest bid may not necessarily be accepted.
6. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to whether any of the charges registered against title to the property will have any effect on the proposed use and/or development of the property;
7. The City reserves the right to reject any or all offers submitted which do not meet or exceed the specified criteria.
8. Offers will be considered by Council at a meeting to be held after the closing date and the successful bidder will be advised in writing; and
9. The successful bidder must enter into a purchase and sale agreement in a form acceptable to the City within 30 days of the Council decision. The purchase and sale agreement will require among other things, that the purchaser:
a) Upon execution of the agreement, deliver a deposit to the City in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the sale price of the property;
b) Pay all registration and other costs associated with the transfer of the property; and
c) Pay all applicable taxes including but not limited to the property purchase tax, GST and an amount equivalent to municipal taxes from the purchase date.
Questions regarding submission requirements, timing or similar contractual matters should be directed to:
Melissa Smith, CPA, CA, Financial Services Manager
Phone: (250) 489-0265
Fax: (250) 426-4026
Email: [email protected]
Bid Documents are available on the City’s website (www.cranbrook.ca) under “Building & Business – RFPs/Tenders”.
Bidders may view the property Monday – Friday, January 8, 2021 – January 29, 2021, by appointment only. Please Public Works at (250) 489-0218 to set up an appointment.
For any additional information about doing business with the City of Cranbrook, please visit the Purchasing Department page.