The City has been actively working to reduce its energy use. Through the implementation of numerous energy savings projects and initiatives, the City has avoided over $1.2 million in energy costs since 2013.
The City has received approximately $746,000 in funding through grants and partnerships since 2013 to fund the energy management program, energy studies, and energy projects
Interested in learning more about the projects the City has completed to increase its energy efficiency? Click on the project name to find more detailed information.
- Airport Terminal Building Energy Study
- Cranbrook Public Library - Interior Lighting & Rooftop Solar Generation
- Energy Study at Western Financial Place & Curling Rink
- LED Streetlight Project (Phase I and II)
- Aquatic overhead lights upgraded to LED lights
- Western Financial Place Parking Lot Lighting LED Upgrade
- Spray Irrigation Facility Energy Study
- Curling Rink Programmable Thermostat Upgrade
- Library Heating Controls
- RCMP Roof Top Unit Upgrade
- Public Works Thermostat Upgrade
- Western Financial Place - Pool Dehumidification Project
- Lagoon Blower Energy Study - Spray Irrigation Property
- Aquatic Underwater Light Upgrades
- Tankless Water Heaters (Kinsmen & Memorial Arenas)
- Kinsmen Arena Lighting Upgrade
You can also get more information about Greenhouse Gas Emissions and learn additional info around Residental Energy.