City Tenders and Requests for Proposals
Contracting opportunities available with the City of Cranbrook are listed here. For more information, click on the project of interest to you from the list below.
Request for Expression of Interest
Lease Space within the Western Financial Place (WFP)
The Corporation of the City of Cranbrook (the “City”) invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) from interested parties looking for an exciting opportunity to lease commercial space in the Western Financial Place.
You can find the full Request for Expression of Interest information package for download here.
City staff will consider the submissions and will (by invite only), invite one or more parties for further detailed discussions. The City, at its sole discretion, will decide which, if any, of the applicants to accept. Prior to any lease agreement being finalized, the City will require a Certificate of Liability Insurance. The City shall have the final authority on all matters regarding submissions to this Expression of Interest.
Enquiries regarding the Expression of Interest should be direct to:
Glen Mikkelsen, General Manager Venues & Events
40 - 10th Avenue South
Cranbrook, BC V1C 2M8
E-Mail: [email protected].
Deadline for Expressions of Interest is Friday June 11, 2021 @ 4:30pm MT.
Request for Proposals - Official Community Plan (OCP) Comprehensive Review
Submission deadline: 2:00pm MT, Friday May 28, 2021.
Inquiries related to this RFP, including any requests for information or clarification may only be directed in writing to the following people:
Rob Veg, Manager of Planning
Phone: (250) 489-0241
Email: [email protected]
PROPERTY FOR SALE - 507 Briar Avenue NW, Cranbrook
The City of Cranbrook is inviting requests for proposals to purchase the City owned land at 507 Briar Avenue NW, Cranbrook (Parcel A, Lot 5, District Lot 29 & 26 (See 158044I), Kootenay District Plan NEP1355 PID: 015-799-042).
The property is zoned Single Family Extended Residential Zone R-1 and the lot size is approximately .114 acres. The house was built in the 1920’s, single storey with three bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The main floor is approximately 1006 square feet.
Interested purchasers are required to submit their offer in a sealed envelope marked “BID NO. CRA2021-B-002 507 Briar Avenue NW” no later than 4:30 pm Mountain Standard Time, Friday, May 28, 2021. The offer must clearly identify the name and contact information (phone, email and mailing address) of all principals associated with the disposal. Email or fax submission will not be accepted. Sealed offers must be delivered to:
ATTENTION: Financial Analyst
Cranbrook City Hall
40-11th Avenue South,
Cranbrook BC, V1C 2M8
The purchase and sale of the property is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The building must be demolished, and the property cleaned up within 3 months of the closing date.
2. Sale of the property is subject to the purchaser entering an Option to Purchase with the City to be registered against the title of the property to ensure the building is demolished and the property cleaned up in accordance with the requirements of the proposal. If the building is not demolished and the property cleaned up, the City has the option to purchase the land at the same price it was sold for.
3. This property will be sold on an “as is, where is” basis and prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the property.
3. The highest bid may not necessarily be accepted.
5. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to whether any of the charges registered against title to the property will have any effect on the proposed use and/or development of the property;
6. The City reserves the right to reject any or all offers submitted which do not meet or exceed the specified criteria.
7. Offers will be considered by Council at a meeting to be held after the closing date and the successful bidder will be advised in writing; and
9. The successful bidder must enter into a purchase and sale agreement in a form acceptable to the City within 30 days of the Council decision. The purchase and sale agreement will require among other things, that the purchaser:
a) Upon execution of the agreement, deliver a deposit to the City in the amount of ten (10%) of the sale price of the property;
b) Pay all registration and other costs associated with the transfer of the property; and
c) Pay all applicable taxes including but not limited to the property purchase tax, GST and an amount equivalent to municipal taxes from the purchase date.
Questions regarding submission requirements, timing or similar contractual matters should be directed to:
Susan King, Financial Analyst
Phone: (250) 489-0228
Fax: (250) 426-4026
Email: [email protected].
Bidders may view the property at 507 Briar Avenue NW, Cranbrook. Access to the interior of the building will not be permitted.
Questions regarding the property may be directed to Paul Heywood, Manager of Building and Bylaw Services at 250-489-0264 or [email protected].
For any additional information about doing business with the City of Cranbrook, please visit the Purchasing Department page.