Cranbrook, BC (August 20, 2020) – Firefighters responded to a small grass fire in Pop Price Park off Slater Road in Cranbrook on Wednesday evening.
The fire was quickly extinguished upon arrival of Cranbrook Fire & Emergency Services. It is suspected that the fire was likely caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette and could have resulted in significant property loss due to the conditions at the time.
Cranbrook Fire & Emergency Services reminds everyone in our community that firefighting resources are being stretched right now, and weather conditions are such that any new start could potentially become a significant event.
Please enjoy the outdoors responsibly.
Photos courtesy of Cranbrook Fire & Emergency Services.