Water Main Breaks

If you suspect you have a water leak, City crews will shut off your water supply to determine where the problem lies. If the problem is deemed to be on private property, the property owner will be responsible for repairs, at their own cost.  If the problem is on City property, repairs will be made by City crews.

If there is water gushing out of the street, a water main or water pipe has probably broken on the street. Please contact the Public Works Department immediately at 311 or at the after hour emergency number (250) 489-4264.  

Please also see our Claims & Risk Management page.

  • Share This: