To keep our sidewalks and streets safe for people walking and driving:
- Where the City does not provide mechanical sidewalk clearing, clear snow and ice from the full width of sidewalks that surround your property within 12 hours of the end of a storm.
- Shovel snow onto your property, away from the road and sidewalk.
- Clear storm drains of leaves and snow to prevent flooding.
- When piling snow on your property, take care not to block sightlines from driveways.
- It’s your responsibility to clear snow from around fire hydrants.
- Ask someone to clear your sidewalk if you’re away.
- Please assist elderly or disabled neighbours by clearing snow for them.
Try to keep parked cars off the road during and shortly after a snow storm. This allows our operators to do their job better and push snow back to the curb.