Accounts Payable is a service unit of the City’s Finance Department and is responsible for the payment of invoices for goods and services purchased by the municipality.
Accounts Payable also ensures that the municipality adheres to corporate financial policies. City of Cranbrook standard terms are net 30 days from the date a valid and accurate invoice is received. Cheques are run on the 10th and 25th of each month and are mailed directly to the payee at the address stated on the invoice.
After delivering your goods or completing your services, send your final invoice directly to Accounts Payable by email [email protected] to ensure prompt payment.
What to Show on Your Invoice
Please ensure that your invoice is billed to the City of Cranbrook and includes the following information:
- Vendor Name – name of the vendor that provided the goods and/or services
- Invoice Date and Number – date that you issue your invoice to the City (on or after the date of shipment or service completion) and invoice number
- City Contact Name – first and last name of the City employee who requested the goods and/or services
- Purchase Order Number (PO#) – required for purchases over $200 before tax (if a signed contract is not in place), the purchase order number is given to the vendor by the City Contact at the time of ordering (6 digits long)
- Subtotal (before taxes) – dollar subtotal of the goods and/or services provided before taxes
- GST – separate line for GST
- PST – separate line for PST
- Total – invoice total for all goods and/or services, including applicable taxes
NOTE: Failure to meet the requirements above may result in payment processing delays or in your payment not being processed.
Business Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Phone: (250) 489-0215
Email: [email protected].