Being mindful about how you get around can help make sure everyone gets home safely, whether you’re walking, biking or driving.
During dark times of day and wet weather, visibility is limited and changing road conditions make it harder to see each other.
- Obey all traffic signs and signals
- Watch for other road users making unexpected moves
- Make eye contact with other road users, if you’re able. If you can’t make eye contact, assume they can’t see you
- Be aware of your surroundings. Remove your headphones, put away your mobile device or other distractions
- Always check that the intersection is clear and that other road users see you before proceeding