Cranbrook, BC (July 2, 2020) – The Cranbrook Public Library will be opening its doors to patrons with some restrictions, reduced services and reduced hours beginning on Wednesday, July 8 for the summer months.
The Cranbrook Public Library Board passed a motion June 29 to move ahead with the reopening plan and a new operating schedule.
Library hours for July and August will be:
- 10 am to 2 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday,
- 2 pm to 6 pm on Wednesday.
Library Takeout curbside pick-up will be available:
- 3:20 pm to 5:20 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday,
- 10:20 am to 12:20 pm on Wednesday,
- 9:40 am to 5:20 pm on Saturday.
“While we look forward to welcoming people into the library again, we want to create safe environment for everyone,” says Ursula Brigl, Chief Librarian. “That is why we are limiting our operating hours. It will give staff time to complete important tasks, such as disinfecting and reshelving returned library materials, while there are no members of the public in the building. Library Takeout, our curbside service, will still be available Monday through Saturday even when the building is closed.”
The Library’s full range of services will be available in a limited capacity with some important restrictions in place:
- A maximum of 35 patrons in the library at any given time;
- Library Takeout curbside pickup service for those who are uncomfortable coming in;
- Short visits (30 minutes or less is recommended);
- Up to 3 patrons per aisle while looking for material to borrow,
- Fewer public access computers available to allow for physical distancing;
- Fewer reading chairs and fewer study desk spaces;
- An online Summer Reading Club with virtual programs;
- Contactless borrowing at one of the new self-checkout kiosks.
Visitors to the Library and all other City facilities, outdoor spaces and amenities are reminded that just because these spaces are accessible, it does not mean things are back to normal when it comes to COVID-19.
It is important that everyone continue to maintain proper physical distancing and wear masks when that distancing may not be possible. You should continue to keep your circle small, wash your hands regularly and bring hand sanitizer with you when you are out. Stay home if you are sick and please be patient with other users around you.
Learn more about the status of all City facilities, outdoor spaces and amenities on our website @ www.cranbrook.ca/restart.