Cranbrook, BC (June 15, 2018) -- The City of Cranbrook, Elevate Airports, Kootenay Rockies Tourism and the entire Kootenay region will be hosting a celebration to welcome the inaugural WestJet flight into the Canadian Rockies International Airport, to officially commence service.
(Wednesday June 20, 2018) 10:30am to 11:45am MT (inaugural flight arriving at 11:05am MT) Canadian Rockies International Airport 1 – 9370 Airport Access Road Cranbrook, BC
|Inaugural flight arriving at Canadian Rockies International Airport|
Formal portion of the event will begin speeches at 10:40am. Dignitaries to make brief statements to include:
- Robert Palmer – Manager, WestJet Public Affairs
- Kevin Boothroyd, Pacific Coastal Airlines
- Lee Pratt – Mayor, City of Cranbrook
- Don McCormick – Mayor, City of Kimberley
- Chris McCurry, CEO, ʔaq̓am, Ktunaxa Nation/St. Mary’s Indian Band
- Wendy Booth – Director, Regional District of East Kootenay Tom Shypitka - MLA, Kootenay East
- Doug Clovechok - MLA, Columbia River-Revelstoke
- Brianna Rota – Constituency Assistant, Kootenay Columbia MP Wayne Stetski
|From left to right, Kevin Boothroyd, Pacific Coastal Airlines, Robert Palmer – Manager, WestJet Public Affairs, Lee Pratt – Mayor, City of Cranbrook|
Media availability and photos will happen at approximately 11:15am. Following the formal event, there will
be a time to stay, network and enjoy a catered luncheon with live music.