Cranbrook, BC (October 5, 2022) – A total of 696 residents cast their ballots on Wednesday, October 5th, at the first of two advance polls for the 2022 municipal election in Cranbrook. In comparison, 483 voters cast ballots at the first advance poll in 2018.
The second and final advance poll will be Wednesday, October 12th from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Parkview Pavilion Senior Centre - 125 17th Avenue South.
Special voting opportunities will also be available on Thursday, October 13th for admitted patients and facility residents at the following locations:
- Dr. F.W. Green Memorial Home (10:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.)
- East Kootenay Regional Hospital (1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Joseph Creek Village (9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
- Joseph Creek Care Village (2:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
- Kootenay Street Village (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Kootenay Street Care Village (12:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Mountain View Village (5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.)
- Scott Villa (9:15 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.)
General voting day is Saturday, October 15th from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Laurie Middle School gymnasium - 1808 2nd Street South.
More information on the 2022 municipal election can be found at www.cranbrook.ca.