September 23, 2020

Cranbrook, BC (September 23, 2020) – Members of Cranbrook Fire & Emergency Services responded to a call of a kitchenette fire in one of the hotel rooms at the Sandman Inn Monday morning.

The call was received at 10:29am and six firefighters responded. Upon arrival, firefighters found the fire had been extinguished due to the quick efforts of hotel staff and the room guest.  There was minimal damage to the suite and no injuries.

Firefighters ensured the fire was completely out and ventilated the building.

Kitchen and cooking-related fires are one of the most common types of fires that can occur in your home.  Keep anything flammable away from your stovetop and do not leave what your cooking unattended. Turn off the stove if you must leave, even for a short time.

  • Share This: